Throughout the week, there were many amusing and worthwhile moments.
- Foolishly walking 2 miles in the midday sun on the first day to an Indian restaurant…which was closed.
- Having a 3 course meal at the cafe where every course was a surprise to us!
- Jav and his ‘Terminator’ pose for pics.
- Monjur, Abu Thamim and Cap Formentor
- Paying restaurant bills in 1 cent coins.
- Monjur towing the group home at the end of nearly all the rides when we were all on our last legs. This was after he claimed to have bonked multiple times on the ride (allegedly).
- Jav’s sprint finish onto the summit of the highest climb on the island.
- Monjur waking up in the middle of the night to have a gel because he was…bonking.
- Abu Thamim leading us out onto the wrong side of the road.
- Abu Thamim’s masterclass in climbing on Sa Calobra.
- Abu Thamim destroying the group on a ‘recovery’ ride.
- Me pedalling home one legged.
- Waiting for hours in vain for a halal kebab shop to open.
- Seeing the local muslim community and praying jummah.
Apart from my mechanical near the end of the ride on the last day, the trip was a success overall. Everyone enjoyed themselves, the scenery and weather was amazing throughout. We met quite a few people from the UK too. The local people were also very friendly and welcoming. Although not immediately obvious, there is also a significant community of muslims on the island. There was a good turnout at the masjid we attended for jummah in Sa Pobla, mashAllah. I would strongly recommend Mallorca for cycling. Credit to Abu Thamim for organising pretty much everything, from booking flights and accommodation to planning the routes and giving mid ride massages.